2. Visiting My Mom (I have plans to take a train trip later next month to visit and play with my Mom in Washington and I look forward to some girl time with my Mom and my sister: maybe we will go to a museum, or see movies or just sit and drink tea and talk fashion, it sounds good.)
3. Eating Some Spice Cake (I love all those autumn spices, I like them year round. Note I did not say baking some spice cake...just eating it. Pressure's off.)
4. Fall Leaves in Full Color (YES! Even in the rain in the Pacific NW, we get some beautiful golds and reds and I look forward to that natural brightness, especially at the beautiful Japanese Garden. Oh, I want to take some pictures!!)
5. My son's last Halloween parade at Chapman Elementary. Sigh. I'll be there if it kills me. It's the best, such a cute tradition the whole school parades around in their costumes outside and usually it is blustery and cold but the fall color makes it very fun to watch. So far he wants to be a HOBO. Not much of a stretch, I say, but we'll look into getting a beard and maybe one of those stick things with the kerchief on the end for his lunch that day. Heh heh.
6. Talking to my sons. This is not really a fall thing. But, seriously when we talk they say beautiful, smart things and I realize how wonderful their minds are. My older son is thinking about college. He is contemplating life. He is strategizing papers in Physics and Advanced Math. He is so smart and so clever, I am so glad he still talks to me. Also, he has girl friends. Not girlfriends, but girls who are friends and for this I am glad. He is a really nice human. My younger son likes to tell me about books and he also worries a little for classmates when they are sad. He might be a counselor some day. He has a lot of empathy. He also is very funny and makes me laugh.
7. Coffee. OBVS. Holding a cup of coffee in the morning made from my fancy old Francis Francis. I won this espresso machine in a random non-skill related contest and it is my cherished possession. It is pistachio pudding green and retro and they only made this color for Easter one year at Williams Sonoma and it's so pretty and makes a damn fine Americano.
8. Soup Club. I want to do this again!! Friends, if you are reading this. I need this to happen! We get together, we make or eat soup and have a good old time. No dressing up unless you want to. Wine is involved or coffee and lots of laughing and story telling and catching up.
9. Citroen Van! Yes. My husband's Citroen Van is finished! We got the photo from France of the finished product and she is a beauty. She is on the Atlantic as we speak and arriving on the East Coast in about 2 weeks. YoEspresso can officially go mobile is super style! Thanks to all our Indiegogo and family supporters!! Now to arrange for transport to Portland and all the busy paperwork involved to make her officially ours. There may be some additional garage work. But this makes for a very happy husband. I am really proud of him.
10. Movies! TV. Snuggling up with the Netflix. What are you watching lately? I want to see Don Jon and Despicable Me 2 because I have range, people. I am carefully spacing my Call The Midwife episodes so that I can recover from my crying. My uterus has officially declared its Special Monthly Promotion time so it is ugly around here if I watch tearful shows presently. When is Downton Abbey back on???? I have so far enjoyed Boardwalk Empire's new season, but where is Margaret?
PS You need to watch this.
Okay, that's it I guess.
My photos are not uploading properly so I am sorry this is void of pretty pictures.
Thanks for the list idea, Stasha at The Good Life! Here is her list archive. This is sort of her list, but sort of different, because I can not get it together enough to make my list in time for her Monday Lists. I am a snail.