I did not have sophisticated musical taste. I listened to the top 40. Casey Kasem. OF course! These are the ones I loooooved. A lot. Singing into my hairbrush good. It is almost impossible to pick just 10 but these are ones I reasonably loved a lot. There is no Air Supply or The Police or Tina Turner on here and I loved them a lot, too. Not a huge Duran Duran or Hall and Oates fan, honestly. I liked Billy Ocean even though he was a little creepy. What did I know, I was 17 in Olympia, Washington? I spent most of my time in my pink room. The world had yet to be unfolded.
1. Here Comes The Rain - The Eurythmics
2. Our Lips Are Sealed - The GoGo's
3. Little Red Corvette - Prince
4. Against All Odds - Phil Collins
5. Karma Chameleon - Culture Club
6. Don't Stop Believin' - Journey
7. Girls Just Wanna Have Fun - Cyndi Lauper
8. Lucky Star - Madonna
9. Jump - The Pointer Sisters
10. If This Is It - Huey Lewis And The News
When I met my husband-to-be in 1984 when we both started art school, he also really liked Phil Collins. We also had a Rod Stewart obsession, which I can not rightly explain but there it is. He had a collection of Oingo Boingo which I forgave him for. He still thinks they are cool. But then he thought Alf was cool and Short Circuit. Hee hee. Okay enough making fun.
What are your favorite songs from high school?