I choose to walk on the sunny side of the street today. I woke up feeling new. It's going to be rainy all week, but I will find my sunshine. Sometimes I forget that my sunny sidewalk is just as sunny as your sunny sidewalk. My warm sunshine feels just as good, even though this sidewalk has cracks and smells and the occasional drunken neighbor.
Here are ten things that bring me joy.
1. Checking out library books
2. Getting a haircut (vanity, yes, but as my wise Mom says, cheaper than therapy)
3.Tiny accomplishments. This can be a simple something like making a pot of stew or writing a letter.
4. My kids telling me random stuff about their day.
5. My husband making me coffee in the morning without asking, daily sweetness.
6. Being with my co-workers who are all delightfully different and smart silly masters of kindness.
7. Listening to happy songs. It's A Good Day by Peggy Lee comes to mind.
8. Walking in downtown Portland. It just feels good and homey.
9. Making someone laugh.
10. Looking at photographs of my life. Nostalgia is my right hand man.
It's a good life. I am not above any of it. There are good things inside of me and I won't stand in the shadows.
Thanks to Stasha at The Good Life for this list suggestion.